Re: [g-a-devel] No module anymore & perfect zoom feature

Not too much time to get involved on this, but I will at least make the
obvious question:

On 26/02/18 11:49, Samuel Thibault wrote:
Hello,

So, I also saw the removal of generic modules.

Unfortunately we currently need it for implementing perfect zoom feature
:)

The context is that visual-impaired users need magnification of the
desktop. Changing font sizes / dpi etc. have their limit, at some point
we need to just have a zoomed view of a piece of the screen. Currently
compiz' ezoom takes the piece of the screen, and magnify it to show it
on the screen, with obviously awful pixelization effects.

Our idea was very similar to gtk-vector-screenshot : instead of taking
the output as it is displayed on the screen, get a module loaded within
the application, with which ezoom can discuss to make the application
produce a magnified rendering of its window, which ezoom can then show
in the magnification glass, thus getting perfect zoom.

Without module loading, I don't know how to implement it :) Or perhaps
this could be added as an AT-SPI interface?

Being added as an AT-SPI interface would depend on what API do you need.
You previously mention that you have a module that "discuss" with ezoom.
What that discussion involves? Are you able to express it as an API?

Samuel