Re: migrating gtk

Hi all;

it's time for an update.

On 2 February 2018 at 14:04, Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
Hey Carlos,

we discussed gitlab migration for gtk here at the hackfest. Our conclusions were as follows:

* We want to migrate the git repository as soon as possible

The repository was migrated successfully, and we've been using it for the past two months. There is a redirect in place for git.gnome.org URLs that will automatically take you to gitlab.gnome.org for GTK; the only thing that changed is the Git push URL for people that have the commit bit set and a GNOME Git account.

Switching to GitLab allowed us to benefit from things like automated CI (build and tests) for branches and merge requests; we're also building Flatpak versions of gtk-demo and gtk-widget-factory on master, so you can ask other people to immediately test your changes without having to rebuild GTK and deal with its dependencies. Also on the CI side, we have a Windows CI runner, which means that master is currently build tested using MSYS2. It would be stellar if we could get a MSVC and a macOS runners as well.

* For bugs:
  * Do a sweep now, close all >5 year old bugs, needinfo all >1 old ones

This has been done.

  * Wait a few weeks, then close the needinfoed bugs that didn't get a response
  * Triage the rest

We waited 2 months, and now all the bugs left in NEEDINFO state have been closed.

Additionally, we've set up redirections so that going to Bugzilla to file a new issue will automatically send you to the Issues page on GitLab.

  * Migrate what's left at the end

We're in the process of migrating: https://gitlab.gnome.org/Infrastructure/GitLab/issues/228

This will take a while once it starts; I'll send another email to the list to notify when the process starts and ends.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.