Re: gtk-devel-list Digest, Vol 157, Issue 18

On 28 May 2017 at 13:00, <gtk-devel-list-request gnome org> wrote:

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 28 May 2017 10:55:21 +0800
From: Cong Monkey <congzhangzh gmail com>
To: gtk-devel-list <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
Subject: will gobject-introspection build system migrate to cmake or
        meason in       the future?

Hi,

  I am a fun of python and gtk, I want to port gobject-introspection
to windows, the current manul update VS project make upstream a little
hard.

  Will gobect-introspection migrate to a modern and cross platform
friendly solution like cmake or meason in the near future?

If one considers "cross platform" to include MSYS2, which provides Linux-like build tools but (unlike Cygwin) produces native Win32/64 binaries, then the current system already qualifies. MSVC is not the only game in town.