Re: wip/baedert/drawing branch

On 18.05, Matthias Clasen wrote:
On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 11:52 AM, Timm Bäder <mail baedert org> wrote:
Hey Tim, thanks for writing this up.

Let me ask a few questions that are unclear to me, before we discuss the
individual things:

- What are the overall goals here ? That would be good to know. My guess
would be:
  1) Get rid of gadgets
  2) Full css drawing for all widgets
  anything else ?

No, that's it basically.

 - Focus outlines work out pretty badly the way they are currently done
   in the branch. Wit gadgets, widgets had pretty fine-grained control
   over which gadget draws the focus outline.

How _are_ they done now ?

gtk_widget_snapshot just draws it around the widget if
gtk_widget_has_visible_focus returns TRUE for it:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/tree/gtk/gtkwidget.c?h=wip/baedert/drawing#n15693

So e.g. dragging on a scale slider means the entire scale gets a focus
rectangle drawn, and entries get a focus rectangle drawn on top of their
normal focus indication (the blue border). Dunno if we can just set
can-focus to FALSE for appropriate (child) widgets and it works itself
out.