Re: First deprecate APIs and then remove them in the next major version

On Sun, Dec 24, 2017 at 10:01 AM, Christian Schoenebeck <schoenebeck linuxsampler org> wrote:
On Samstag, 23. Dezember 2017 10:47:08 CET Paul Davis wrote:
> ​actually, my impression from interactions with the author is that GTK
> didn't make their life miserable at all.
>
> however, the issues that have been mentioned before regarding host/plugin
> toolkit interactions did make their (and users') lives miserable, hence the
> switch.​

The trend among DAW apps is going towards process separation for plugins (one
process for all instances of a plugin). No plans for that in Ardour yet?

​It doesn't scale. ​Certainly not to the session size that we're interested in being able to deal with.