Re: Strict aliasing, yes or no?

You're right.  On re-reading that I find that it came out harsher than
it ought to have.  My apologies.

Morten

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 7:14 AM, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
On 19 April 2017 at 13:29, Morten Welinder <mortenw gnome org> wrote:

glib (etc) _is_ stomping on the standard in a hundred different ways.  Some
are for performance -- \0 filling, for example -- while others are pure laziness
and ignorance such as variables called "read" or macros name starting with "E".

Morten, I know you have had your issues with the GTK developers, but
I'd appreciate it if you refrained from telling people they are "lazy
and ignorant". This is not the first time you're treading the needle
of outright insulting people in the GTK community.

I'd like to remind everyone (myself included) that the GTK development
mailing list operates under the same Code of Conduct of the GNOME
Foundation as any other service provided by the GNOME infrastructure.
It's important that all the discussion venues are kept civil and
welcoming places for everyone.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--