Re: RFC: GtkPreview library

After talking to Owen today, I'm wondering if it makes sense to consider GtkPreview a portable widget. These platforms tend to already have their own document preview systems, and I'm not sure it makes sense to port all our apps (evince preview system, LibreOffice preview system) to use our own system instead of simply using the native preview widget.

OS X has QuickLook: https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/Quicklook_Programming_Guide/Introduction/Introduction.html

While I can't find a Win32 equivalent, it seems file pickers use IThumbnailCache: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb774628%28v=vs.85%29.aspx