Re: RFC: GtkPreview library

On Fri, 2015-01-23 at 18:52 -0800, Cosimo Cecchi wrote:
On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 10:24 AM, Carlos Garcia Campos
<carlosgc gnome org> wrote:
        One important thing is that preview providers should be out of
        process,

        since unfortunately it's very easy to make things crash with
        buggy files
        (which are very common). That could be done by every provider,
        but if we
        force that at a higher level it would be much better. That
        would also
        ensure that preview providers don't block the UI main thread,
        assuming
        the communication with the provider processes will be always
        asynchronous unconditionally.

I ultimately agree, and I wrote a paragraph to that effect in my
proposal...
It's tricky to enforce this in the library, because it effectively
means inventing a way for a process to draw into another process that
doesn't look like libbonobo, and I didn't really want to go that
path...

sub-surfaces?