Re: RFC: GtkPreview library

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 8:50 AM, Philip Withnall <philip tecnocode co uk> wrote:
On Wed, 2015-01-21 at 10:16 -0500, Erick Pérez Castellanos wrote:
> Thinking on this I would add to the API:
>
> + `GtkWidget * gtk_preview_widget_new_from_data (gpointer)`
>
> in order to provide preview for not file-backed data.

Or perhaps
    GtkWidget *gtk_preview_widget_new_from_stream (GInputStream *);
which would more generally cover this via GMemoryInputStream?

Thanks, this is a very useful suggestion, and actually a requirement to support stuff that doesn't directly use GFile - e.g. libgdata or libzapojit.
I expanded the wiki page to include this suggestion now.

Cosimo