Re: kinetic scrolling in gtk

Hi Sathishreddy,

I was already afraid that this was what you were trying to do with. Basically, what you'd want is to have nested scrolled windows, an outer one which only scrolls horizontally, and inside that, multiple scrolled windows (probably in a hbox), which only scroll vertically, and then swiping horizontally should scroll the outer one, while swiping vertically the inner one. Unfortunately, this is currently not supported in gtk, and instead only the inner most scrolled window will listen to your touch actions.

I really do think this is something that should eventually be supported by gtk, and so it's probably a good idea to create a ticket in bugzilla, but that probably won't end up in the main version until some time. It may be possible to temporarily hack something, for example, by intercepting touch events, and forwarding them to both the inner and outer scrolled windows.

Regards,

Lieven.