Re: JavaScript stack trace in ABRT bug reports

On Tue, 2014-03-18 at 04:30 -0400, Jakub Filak wrote:
Hello,

I a member of the ABRT team. We have recently found an interesting page about
GNOME Shell debugging[1]. According to that page, it is possible to obtain a
stack trace of executed JavaScript code in gdb. So we got an idea to include
the JavaScript stack trace in Bugzilla bugs filed by ABRT. I tried to obtain
the JavaScript stack trace by attaching gdb to a core dump file but it didn't
work because we can call a method only when gdb is connected to a process.

But we got another idea. Would it be possible to write the JavaScript stack
trace to a file (or journald) in a well known path upon receiving a UNIX
signal? This already works for JVM, which creates the hs_err_pid.log file[2]
when a JVM process is to die and ABRT includes the hs err log file in Bugzilla
bugs.

Wrong mailing-list, try: