Re: a new combo box

Thanks, Matthias for working on this, it looks great!
It's pretty clear to me that this widget is different enough from the current combobox that using the old API and pushing the new design on every current client is not a good idea - in the same way that GtkPopover was made a different widget than GtkMenu. I especially welcome the departure from cell renderers, finally!

What to do with the current GtkComboBox widget moving forward is a different conversation in my opinion; are there any important use cases that are not covered by the new widget? Deprecating the old API in GTK3 and removing it in GTK4 would be the way similar things have been done in the past.

Cosimo