Re: a new combo box

On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 12:50:24AM +0900, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
In any case, I think this misses the point I was trying to make, I think
someone had to raise the obvious question: is it justified to bring in a
whole new combo API ? Or can we / should we get the most out of the API
we have ?

Yes, it was more a side note.

As a comment says at the top of gtkcombobox.c:
/* WELCOME, to THE house of evil code */

If it's the reason why new APIs are created instead of cleaning
internally the code, then the risk is to repeat the history every 10
years, deprecating endlessly APIs. Every code base evolves. At the
beginning a new class is (almost) always clean, but years after years
when more features are added the code becomes harder to understand, and
the risk is that it becomes "evil code" that nobody wants to modify, if
no refactorings is done regularly.

Sébastien