Re: hooking spinner to GtkSidebar page transition

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 06:31:11PM +0900, Daiki Ueno wrote:
The actual interaction is:

1. a user clicks "Punctuation" tab for the first time
  2. the application starts loading Unicode punctuation characters in
     a background thread; if it takes long, a placeholder page is shown
    3. the "Punctuation" page is shown

So, my question is, is there any easy way to inject the phase 2 into the
page transition of GtkSidebar?

You could take a look at how we do it in gnome-documents and
gnome-photos:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-documents/tree/src/embed.js#n388
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-photos/tree/src/photos-embed.c

The first one uses a separate unnamed page in the stack for the
spinner and the second one puts the spinner in an overlay. Both of
them use GtkStackSwitcher instead of GtkSidebar, though.

Cheers,
Debarshi