Re: [Glade-users] Program debugging in GPS 2013

JP,

I am using Windows 7 and am programming in Ada. and I am using Glade 3.14.2.

In the Debugger console of GPS 2013 the following Is presented
(gdb) run
Starting program: E:\ada\project\ConvertCtoAda\ConvertCtoAda.exe
[New Thread 7924.0x1600]
[New Thread 7924.0x1460]
[New Thread 7924.0xbd4]
[New Thread 7924.0x1574]
[Inferior 1 (process 7924) exited with code 01]

The code up to the position where the "error" occurred is

  procedure Init is
     Object               : GObject;
  begin
     -- Step 1: create a Builder and add the XML data,
     Gtk_New (Builder);
nr_Error := Add_From_File (Builder, "ConvertCtoAda.glade", Error'Access);
     if Error /= null then
answer := Message_Dialog( Msg => "Error : " & Get_Message (Error),
                                  Buttons => Button_OK,
                                  Title   => "Error");
        Error_Free (Error);
        return;
     end if;
     -- Step 2: add calls to "Register_Handler" to associate your
     --         handlers with your callbacks.
     Register_Handler
       (Builder      => Builder,
        Handler_Name => "main_quit", -- from XML file <signal handler=..>
        Handler      => On_Window_Destroy'Access);
     Register_Handler
       (Builder      => Builder,
        Handler_Name => "On_New", -- from XML file <signal handler=..>
        Handler      => On_File_New'Access);
     Register_Handler
       (Builder      => Builder,
        Handler_Name => "On_Open", -- from XML file <signal handler=..>
        Handler      => On_File_Open'Access);
     Register_Handler
       (Builder      => Builder,
        Handler_Name => "On_Save", -- from XML file <signal handler=..>
        Handler      => On_File_Save'Access);
     Register_Handler
       (Builder      => Builder,
        Handler_Name => "On_Save_As", -- from XML file <signal handler=..>
        Handler      => On_File_Save_As'Access);
     Register_Handler
       (Builder      => Builder,
        Handler_Name => "On_Print", -- from XML file <signal handler=..>
        Handler      => On_File_Print'Access);
     Register_Handler
       (Builder      => Builder,
        Handler_Name => "On_Quit", -- from XML file <signal handler=..>
        Handler      => On_File_Quit'Access);
     Register_Handler
       (Builder      => Builder,
        Handler_Name => "On_Cut", -- from XML file <signal handler=..>
        Handler      => On_Edit_Cut'Access);
     Register_Handler
       (Builder      => Builder,
Handler_Name => "Copy_Activate", -- from XML file <signal handler=..>
        Handler      => On_Edit_Copy'Access);
     Register_Handler
       (Builder      => Builder,
        Handler_Name => "On_Paste", -- from XML file <signal handler=..>
        Handler      => On_Edit_Paste'Access);
     Register_Handler
       (Builder      => Builder,
        Handler_Name => "On_Delete", -- from XML file <signal handler=..>
        Handler      => On_Edit_Delete'Access);
     Register_Handler
       (Builder      => Builder,
Handler_Name => "On_Show_Inter_Buffer", -- from XML file <signal handler=..>
        Handler      => On_Show_Inter_Buffer'Access);
     Register_Handler
       (Builder      => Builder,
Handler_Name => "On_About_Activate", -- from XML file <signal handler=..>
        Handler      => On_Help_About'Access);
     Register_Handler
       (Builder      => Builder,
Handler_Name => "On_Inter_Buffer_OK", -- from XML file <signal handler=..>
        Handler      => On_Interbuffer_OK'Access);
     Register_Handler
       (Builder      => Builder,
Handler_Name => "On_Inter_Buffer_Print", -- from XML file <signal handler=..>
        Handler      => On_Interbuffer_Print'Access);
     -- Step 3: call Do_Connect. Once to connect all registered handlers
Do_Connect (Builder); -- The program does not return from this function.

I checked as good as I could the case sensitive handler names and have all names copied from the glade program. Sorry, but I did not mention the programming language because I think it has little to do with the problem. What I would like is a debugging tool that could specify where the problem is.

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht----- From: Juan Pablo Ugarte