Writing my own widgets and making them available via introspection

I've been using GTK+ with the Lua binding lgi to write simple apps and UIs, and it's really pleasant to work with. I'm wondering if somewhere there's a page explaining how I would go about writing my own widgets, such that they'd be available to all apps using introspection, and bindings such as lgi would be able to use them automatically? I haven't found such a document on the website; I found one link that looked promising on https://wiki.gnome.org/GTK+ but it's broken. All I can find on search engines only covers GTK2 or even older (as far back as 1.2, but nothing for 3.x).

--
Sent from my Game Boy.