Re: Directional Images

2013/10/17 Jasper St. Pierre <jstpierre mecheye net>:
I think the thing that we'd want is to have a separate RTL icon theme that
inherits from the LTR icon theme, but overrides some icons with flipped
icons. This can be done with a few tweaks to the icon-theme specification,
and in GTK+.

I vaguely recall that once upon a time there were a few stock icons
with an -rtl suffix, which would be used instead of the normal icons
in an RTL environment.

This approach could be used with named icons too. When you request
some-icon in an RTL locale, the icon name resolver should first look
for icon-name-rtl, and if that doesn't exist in the theme, use
icon-name. I think this solution is both very simple and adequate.

Regards, Krzysztof