Re: Removal of icons in buttons/menus

I guess I'm curious: why would this break apps?

If your apps were relying on a specific user setting to show/hide icons, wasn't it technically broken already? There was no guarantee of the value of the setting.

It seems that reducing the amount of user configurations an app developer would have to test in is a great idea for all.