Re: Will GTK+ Support Mir Display Server (not MirOS BSD) ?

Hi;

Currently, there is no plan to support the Mir display server.

The gtk team would obviously review patches for it, like we do for other backends; like we do for other backends, we'd obviously need some guarantee that the code would be maintained, with bug fixes as well as updates when the internals of GDK change due to refactoring or API additions.

Personally, I think any effort at replacing X11 should go towards Wayland; in any case, patches and resources are welcome.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.