Re: waf - was New GObject Introspection tutorial

Disclaimer - I am familiar with waf, not so much with autotools.

Waf targeting the direct inclusion into a project looks awkward at the beginning, but is an advantage actually. Mainly because that can prevent buildfailures based on non-backwards compatible changes in the buildsystem.

Another advantage is the fact that waf is (usually) just a couple of lines compared to tons of autotools foo.
The documentation for waf is also very good, and a lot of examples are included within the upstream git repo.

Just saying, waf definitly has its advantages, though I can understand the continued use of autotools - especially in a tutorial - as quite a lot of projects use autotools.

This should not be seen as a invitation for a flamewar, just an attempt to give another viewing angle on that topic.

Best