Re: glib-mkenums in glib 2

On 30 Dec 2012, at 16:40, jose aliste gmail com wrote:

> I don't know if this is related, but It seems you are missing the empty  __init__.py in the codegen/ directory. This is a requirement for a directory so python may consider it as a package.

Hi guys,

Maybe you'll remember that I eventually bought a Python programming book and ran some examples which also used the 'from / import' construct.  The textbook examples worked but building this gdbus stuff still wouldn't work.  Well, eventually I spotted a difference which I think might be important....

Each sample package from my textbook does have that file __init__.py.  But when I run the actual sample, a second file gets generated, called '__init__.pyc'.  If I delete that file and then run the sample again, it gets regenerated each time.  This isn't happening with the gdbus code.  Although the codegen package does have a file called __init__.py, I never see a file called __init__.pyc getting generated.

Could that be significant?  I think perhaps that explains why codegen isn't getting recognised as a package.

John