Re: Some shortcomings in gtestutils

On Wed, 2013-02-20 at 20:46 -0600, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
* It's hard to get a debugger up in the middle of "make check".  I can't
think of a way to do it other than manually inserting code to sleep in
the middle of the faulty test, and then attaching with a debugger
manually.  Maybe having an environment variable or something, so that I
could run

Add the following in your Makefile.am:
        TESTS_ENVIRONMENT = libtool --mode=execute gdb

Then run `make check` as normal, and magically all of your tests will be
run under gdb.

If you just want to run a specific test binary under gdb, use `make
check TESTS=my-test-binary`

Philip