Re: GTK+3 Win32 Bundles : RFC

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 1:40 AM, Tarnyko <tarnyko tarnyko net> wrote:
Hi folks,
Just some news on the Win32 - bundle distribution - side.
Main URL :
http://win32builder.gnome.org/
The continuous build environment now generates 64-bit bundles.
The bundle for GTK+ 3.10.x has been generated.
After having pushed a fix for an annoying bug impacting 64-bit builds :
https://git.gnome.org/browse/glib/commit/?id=1e3fe29fc3707e7844fce8e3761c3f1 2090d9158
I backported the fix in the buildenv, and so I felt it was time to provide download links for the 3.6.4 64-bit bundle on the official website :
http://www.gtk.org/download/win64.php

Cool

Now, before we can provide links for 3.8.x and 3.10.x, there are some issues to fix in these versions. I'm investigating them, but any help would be greatly appreciated :

- 3.10 : resize grip hovers other widgets.
http://www.tarnyko.net/repo/gtk310-win32-resizegrip.png
Resize grip seems to "cover" any other widget, which is new between 3.8 and 3.10 and doesn't render nicely.

Under X11, we're shaping these windows to be triangular - does that not work on Windows ? Alternatively, we could simply turn those handles off. We've mostly stopped using them under X11 too - invisible borders have made them more or less obsolete.