Re: [GI] Get info about return value

Hi,

On Sun, 2013-12-01 at 19:43 +0100, Juan Rafael García Blanco wrote:

I’m trying to generate automatic bindings for gobject-introspected libraries for a compiled language.

Compiled as in C/C++, so you want e.g. "GtkWidget *" for arguments of
type Gtk.Widget?  Reversing g-ir-scanner is easy for the basic cases,
but gets nontrivial with stuff like inout arrays.

Now I’m the need of generating method signatures, but I couldn’t find a way to get a string representation
for return and argument types.

You'll have to clarify exactly what you want to do with a string
representation.

Once I get the corresponding GITypeInfo I don’t know how to proceed.
 I would like to get a pointer to the GIObjectInfo, GIEnumInfo,

Call g_base_info_get_interface() to get the target type, then
g_base_info_get_type() will tell you whether it's e.g. a
GI_INFO_TYPE_ENUM, a GI_INFO_TYPE_OBJECT, etc.

The gjs and pygobject git repositories should be useful references.