Re: gdbus function call on interface NULL does not work

On Tue, 2013-08-27 at 11:01 +0100, Simon McVittie wrote:

but that doesn't seem very well thought-out, and I'd be tempted to
delete it from the spec.

I think the idea with this, though of course Havoc would know better,
was to enable dbus-python users to just do dbus.Object() without
dbus.Interface().  Maybe Seth pushed Havoc to add it to the spec?

Although maybe that was before introspection was added and dbus-python
parsed it; nowadays it could block on receiving the introspection and
pick from that on the client side which interface to use.  I don't know
offhand if it does this.