Re: Fwd: Re: Find out if window is active

Hi Matthias,

I just installed mutter and tried the use case again, but I am getting the same behaviour. I cannot detect any reasonable pattern for the is_active flag. It is set to true when I call the application for the first time, then it remains true if the application has input focus or if I switch to the Thunderbird window from which im writing this E-Mail right now. I can switch back the tilda window, when I press the hotkey (e.g. F1) but both times the callback is not being called. On the otherhand immediately after I start tilda, I can observe that my callback function is being called if I press the hotkey to show/hide the window a few times. It appears that pressing F1 to show the tilda window, does actually cause the window to loose focus, but then through the way the callback handler of my hotkey works it immediately becomes active again.

When running mutter, i noticed these two messages which repeated several times:

Window manager warning: Buggy client sent a _NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW message with a timestamp of 0 for 0x6400003 (tilda) Window manager warning: meta_window_activate called by a pager with a 0 timestamp; the pager needs to be fixed.

I do not have a lot of knowledge about X programming, but maybe this message is related to the problem. See the following code for how
I show/hide the window:

https://github.com/lanoxx/tilda/blob/master/src/key_grabber.c#L123 //the tilda_window_set_active function
and:
https://github.com/lanoxx/tilda/blob/master/src/key_grabber.c#L177 //the pull function to show/hide the window
and:

Any help on this is very much appreciated. :)

Kind Regards
Sebastian