Re: gtk_widget_set_size_request stopped working with GTK3

When creating a new widget subclass, you end up implementing
get_preferred_height/width. This allows you to specify both a
"minimum" and a "natural" size. Then in on_size_allocate() you can
decide to maybe set a clipped or scaled version of your pixbuf to a
GtkImage. When you do it this way, you don't need to put the image in
a scrolled window either.

Its a shame there are only methods to expose the minimum width and not
also the natural width on the default widgets, but I'd guess its
difficult to abstract across all widgets. But it does seem like
GtkImage should at least expose the natural width, as it seems like a
common problem one would have with pictures.