Re: g_get_home_dir (), ${HOME}, and getpwuid ()->pw_dir

[…]

 > So... maybe we dont want to change the behavior of an api that dates
 > 10 years back, but we might want to at least correct
 > g_get_user_config/data_dir() at this point ?

	Given that even back then it was noted that “login sets $HOME
	and until you switch users, it will be left unchanged” [1]
	(though it misses certain valid use cases), I guess changing
	g_get_home_dir () to prefer HOME is still a safe move.

[1] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2002-March/msg00066.html

[…]

--
FSF associate member #7257