Re: GObjectIntrospection: Makefile.introspection missing dependencies definition for libraries and programs?

On Thu, 2012-08-23 at 22:23 -0700, Yang Zhao wrote:

> My automake is rusty, but it seems to me Makefile.introspection does
> not take the value of *_gir_PROGRAMS or *_gir_LIBS into the dependency
> list, which appears to the root of the problem. I can see no other way
> to inject the proper file dependencies using the automake interface
> provided.

You can, see:

http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-shell/tree/src/Makefile.am#n298
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-menus/tree/libmenu/Makefile.am#n60
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-desktop/tree/libgnome-desktop/Makefile.am#n92

We discussed fixing Makefile.introspection to do this automatically, but
even if we did so, the relevant modules should also add a dependency, to
avoid failure when building with older gobject-introspection.