Re: File chooser recent-files (was: Re: Guidelines for stable branch changes in GLib/Gtk)

On Mon, 2012-11-19 at 17:07 +0000, Sam Thursfield wrote:

> The biggest issue I've had with the feature is that the list of
> recently used folders in the 'Save As' dialog only displays the name
> of the folder, not its full path. Which of the 6 folders named 'src'
> did I want to use again?

There is a tooltip with the full path; it appears if you hover an item
in the file list.

I don't really have a good way of showing full paths in the list without
it becoming illegible.  Maybe it would be good to do it only for
ambiguous/duplicated names (i.e. non-ambiguous items get displayed with
just the basename as usual).  If you can cook a patch to do that, I'd be
very happy to review it.

  Federico