Re: Guidelines for stable branch changes in GLib/Gtk

hi Morton,

On 12-11-16 03:09 PM, Morten Welinder wrote:
The breaking of mouse wheel support in gtk+ 3.4 also comes to mind.
(Bug 675089 and others, I'm sure.)

If I'm not mistaken, this was a different kind of breakage that we engage in a lot of lately: API-incompatible changes on the unstable branch.

As much as those breaks are annoying a lot of people I do believe that we gain quite a bit of benefit from playing a little bit 'fast and loose' with regards to compatibility. Our old behaviour of "nothing can change ever" led to a substantially stagnated gtk2.

Cheers