Re: notifications in gtk

A couple of comments:
- Would system software (eg. battery notification) be using parts of
this API, or would we need to come up with our own helpers on top of the
D-Bus API?
- gtk_application_get_notifications() doesn't mention that activated
notifications will still be present if recurring.
- For recurring notifications (say, alarms), we have no way of knowing
for which GDateTime/GTimeSpan the display was for.
- What are the application use cases?
  - Alarm? (wake me up at 7AM every weekday not at the week-end, and
don't forget to amend for daylight saving changes; snooze)
  - Timer? (notify me in 10 minutes)
  - Music Player track notifications? (always visible, setting of the
image after the notification was shown for cover art)
  - Meetings (every Tuesday at 2 PM, but only until the end of the year;
every week until end of time, but not those 2 weeks I'm on holidays)
- it's unclear to me how applications that do light processing from the
network might behave when not running and an event occurs (weather
application with notifications turned on for a storm for example), is
that something we could use to extend GtkApplication with. iOS can go
and poke at the network on behalf of applications for example.