Re: linking to libgirepository_internals.a

Hi Mike,

On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 21:42 +0100, Mike Dupont wrote:

> Trying to add tests to the gobject-introspection test suite to cover
> more of the functions and learn about the code. wanted to create a
> simple test to create an object from the libgirepository_internals.a
> but having problems linking, wondering if anyone can give me some
> advice on this ?

I'm glad you're interested in adding tests.

> CCLD   gitestenum

I suggest using "make V=1" so you can actually see what's going on.

> ../../.libs/libgirepository-internals.a(libgirepository_internals_la-girnode.o): In         function `_g_ir_node_get_full_size_internal':
> gobject-introspection/girepository/girnode.c:629: undefined reference to         `g_type_tag_to_string'

Hmm...it looks like this may actually be a latent bug in the
Makefile-girepository.am.  libgirepository-internals.la requires
symbols from libgirepository-1.0.la but doesn't have it in LIBADD.

There's actually a circular dependency between them, which doesn't
matter when installed because the -internals library just gets folded
into the main .so, but it does matter when linking uninstalled.

The best thing would probably be to fold them all into
libgirepository-1.0.la.

I'll do this after 3.4 is out.