gtk_menu_popup vs language bindings

Hey,

a while ago, we changed the annotations for gtk_menu_popup to skip
that function and instead rename gtk_menu_popup_for_device to
gtk_menu_popup. The reason for this change was that gtk_menu_popup
doesn't have a destroy notify for its user_data, which is problematic
for language bindings. Now, I am getting urgent requests to undo this
and instead expose
both functions to bindings as-is.

I'd like to get some more opinions on this from language binding
authors - will reverting this change cause more harm now, or is it the
right thing to do ?

Matthias