Re: compiler optimization causing issues with glib

On Fri, 2012-06-01 at 11:33 -0500, Mike wrote:

> If you read the example program, you will see in my test that I simply
> call exit in the child -- that's it.  That meets your requirement.

There is one issue in your code; you shouldn't be calling
waitpid(-1, ...).  That would break any GChildWatchSource watches that
exist in the process.  Instead, use waitpid(pid, ...).

That's not the bug though, assuming that as you say you're just
using g_spawn_async().

The bug is likely to be in kernel/libc then.  Though bisecting[1]
through GLib would help you narrow down what change caused it.

[1]
http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/v1.5.6/git-bisect.html