How To Script .gtkrc-2.0 from bash?

hi

sorry if this is the wrong place to post this question.

i'm writing a bash script to do stuff with the .gtkrc-2.0 file, in
xfce in linux.

Question: are there any functions available in bash, or callable from
bash, for reading from and writing to .gtkrc-2.0?

my .gtkrc-2.0 appears to be structured a bit strangely:

[code]
gtk-double-click-time = 500
gtk-tooltip-timeout = 2500

style "xfdesktop-icon-view" {
    XfdesktopIconView::label-alpha = 0
    XfdesktopIconView::selected-label-alpha = 0
    XfdesktopIconVIew::ellipsize-icon-labels = 0

    XfdesktopIconVIew::cell-spacing = 0
    XfdesktopIconView::cell-padding = 5
    XfdesktopIconView::cell-text-width-proportion = 2
}
widget_class "*XfdesktopIconView*" style "xfdesktop-icon-view"
[/code]

some stuff has "=", some has "::", some has neither, some is inside
style tags, some isn't. seems very all over the place. In my file, the
style name is repeated for each property within the style, but i think
i've seen examples where the style name is not repeated on each
property.

i was hoping perhaps there might be some ready .gtkrc-2.0 read/write
functions that i can call from bash.

thanks!
johny