Re: Glib for iOS

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 6:34 PM, Guetcho Guetchev <getcho getchev gmail com> wrote:
Hello guys,
I am trying to build Glib for iOS. I have set up everything - the cross compiler, the toolchain, etc. The build process takes place on Mac OS 10.7.4
I am able to build Glib from the release tarball. However when I clone the git repository I do not see the configure script. Even at the tags 2.33.4 and 2.33.6.
Instead of that I have the autogen.sh.
However running autogen.sh fails with this message:
*** No GTK-Doc found, please install it ***
Even if I disable the check in the autogen.sh the automake fails later with similar error (no gtk-doc).

So the question is: how am I suppose to build Glib on unix-compilant system (iOS is such thing) without installing gtk-doc and Gnome?

it can be very hard. there are two approaches. one is to build a pseudo/fake gtk-doc package for OS X, which does actually exist, but i can't tell you where to find it. google will help. the other is to install ALL the dependencies that gtk-doc requires, which is substantial:

xz
tar
m4
make