Re: RFC: UI design

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 08:16:53PM +0100, Stefan Sauer wrote:
> On 01/09/2012 04:29 PM, Benjamin Otte wrote:
> >   Who gets to decide how an application looks?
> >
> > This question is aimed at theming and the question of graphic
> > design[1] and not at intersection design[2]. The way I see it, there
> > is two extremes to this:
> > A) The application decides on the theme
> >
> > B) The platform decides on the theme
> C) the user decides on the theme.

D) External constraints define the look.

So you like dark pink background.  Does it mean the PDF viewer should
try to give the viewed documents dark pink background?  Such question
might sound silly in case of PDF viewers but I develop mainly sci&eng
apps and here the boundary between controls and content is often much
fuzzier.

Yeti