Re: Function completion for GVariant maybe types?

This seems to be basically "a matter of taste" so without a compelling
reason to add more API, the maintainer's opinion (i.e. Ryan's) will
tend to win.

Thanks for your feedback.

Would you like to answer any more details from my "issue summary"?
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2011-December/msg00021.html

I'm inclined to agree with Ryan, tbh - I don't see that there's any need
for more functions here.

Please tell me then which function(s) I should use to reset a GVariant object to an instance of "nothing" while the previous data type information will be kept.

In a well-designed D-Bus API (or any of the other common uses I see
for GVariant, like serialization) you already know at compile-time what
type you're using, so you can just mention the type signature
(or GVariantType in GLib jargon) in your source code.

I imagine uses cases outside the D-Bus application context.

Regards,
Markus