Re: Adding gtkparasite to gtk?

[ actually saw this mail but forgot to reply until now ]

On 14 February 2012 18:04, Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com> wrote:
> On 14 February 2012 16:36, Cosimo Cecchi <cosimoc gnome org> wrote:
>> I use this often, having it built-in in GTK would be great. If the
>> original upstream developers agree, huge +1 here.
>
> The original developer hasn't committed anything to the repo since
> June 2009, but the most active fork is maintained by Rui Matos who I
> cc'd in my original mail.

Hi, yeah there was some talking about this on IRC some time ago when I
added the style properties viewer tab to parasite. It is indeed a good
idea and I intended to get to it when I have a bit of free time
(difficult this next few weeks though).

The code is a bit flimsy, especially dealing with references to
widgets which leads to crashes every now and then. That should be
cleaned up at least.

But I guess it makes sense to merge it as is and then fix those kinds
of bugs incrementally. What do you think?

Rui