Re: Sharing CSS code between Gtk and the Shell

I looked into this a while ago, and one big issue with this is that we can't e.g. implement custom properties that we just fetch from JS. So we couldn't implement any of our "-st-" properties or any others that we just make up on the spot. I don't know if it would be possible or feasible to add this to Gtk. In our current St implementation, the tokens that come out of libcroco are especially hard to parse correctly, and we can't access this from JS, so it might be possible to add some very simple "custom property" system for colors and lengths, and that's it.