Re: _wstat on Windows (actually stat stuff in general)

On 9/27/2011 9:08 AM, Steve Frécinaux wrote:
On 09/26/2011 08:59 AM, Kean Johnston wrote:
Here's how I would define
the GStatBuf data type:

Won't you break ABI if you're changing the layout of the struct on
linux/unixes? As I understand this is not an issue on Windows since
everyone ships the libraries with the binary, but it is on Linux.
Nope. On linux there IS no ABI to break - everything is #define'd to its libc name - so there is no real g_stat(). Any existing code out there will just be calling stat(). If we make this change however we will be introducing an ABI that will need to be maintained which is why its important everyone agrees the data types are wide enough.