Re: align vs expand vs grid

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 6:00 PM, Matthias Clasen
<matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> Given that the default value for align is FILL, I'm really tempted to reply:
> So ? If you do not want that and want your widget to expand, simply
> don't set align to a non-expanding value.
>
> Changing the semantics of align as you propose would muddy the waters
> by entangling align and expand.

It's entangled today, just the other way around. You will never get
more space than your natural allocation, even when you set expand,
unless you use FILL. So currently expand is entangled into align (of
your widget and all its parents).
And with my proposal, align would be entangled into expand. But it
would only entagle in the current widget, not all parents.

Benjamin