Re: GtkBuilder syntax for property bindings
- From: Denis Washington <denisw online de>
- To: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Cc: "tristan van berkom gmail com" <tristan van berkom gmail com>
- Subject: Re: GtkBuilder syntax for property bindings
- Date: Sat, 07 May 2011 10:52:28 +0200
Am 07.05.2011 00:48, schrieb Matthew Barnes:
On Fri, 2011-05-06 at 12:42 -0700, Christian Hergert wrote:
Since GBinding, is itself, an object, why not just have the GBinding
instance represented in the GtkBuilder XML. The normal object syntax
might work as well:
<object class"GBinding" id="some_binding">
I think this would mean the majority of work is how to make it easy to
manage from within Glade.
+1, and don't forget GBindingFlags.
I have discussed this with Tristan van Berkom (who maintains Glade)
before and he thinks this is a bad idea; IIRC, his argument was that it
requires a lot of special casing for GBinding objects and doesn't work
well with Glade's internal data model. I guess he should answer this
himself, though; Tristan?
] [Thread Prev