Re: reftests

On 05/03/11 16:01, Benjamin Otte wrote:
> (Pango doesn't ellipsize every row, only the
> last one. Bad Pango - and Behdad hasn't even applied my patch for
> this, I need to poke him again as I've just committed that test,
> ooops.)

You see.  No Pango test suite means little confidence that an incoming patch
doesn't break other stuff.  So I have to find and spend a good 45min slot on
it, to read the code, remember all the delicacies, walk through the change,
and convince myself that all the corner cases will still work.  Would have
been much easier if it was "here's a new test that fails; here's the patch;
now everything psases".  I know you already know this.  I was wondering if
you're making any progress on the Pango test suite front! :D

Cheers,
behdad

PS. Thanks for the great writeup.  I'm forking it to discuss gtest in general.