Re: decrease widget show time

Hi,

2011/3/21 czk <czongke gmail com>:
> Following is my test program and test result:
> Obviously, most time spend on the last gtk_widget_show.

You could try adding a call to realize, just before show():

  gtk_widget_realize (window);

This will do most of the initialisation, but not actually show the
window. You can do this beforehand, perhaps in device startup, then
when you want to present the window to the user, do the final show()
operation.

It might not make much difference, it probably depends a lot on your backend.

Do you have any better profiling tools available? Things like font
rendering and theme drawing can be slow too.

John