Re: GtkApplication and argc/arv

On Fri, 2011-02-25 at 12:53 +0200, Claudio Saavedra wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-02-25 at 08:58 +0100, Carlos Garcia Campos wrote:
> > Note that we moved from single process model to multiple process
> > without changing the evince behaviour, it still behaves like a single
> > instance app, opening an already opened document brings it to the
> > front.
>
> As far as I understand, you can achieve this with
> GApplication/GtkApplication by a combination of G_APPLICATION_IS_SERVICE
> and G_APPLICATION_IS_LAUNCHER in both a service and a launcher process.
[snip]

Is there any example of this in an application? It seems generally
useful.

I'd like to use GtkApplication for Glom but I don't want to make all
instances be in the same process, because:

1. It will crash.
2. I currently have a global object for application-wide stuff such as a
pointer to the main window. Being single-process lets me just use that
global instance from various parts of my code rather than passing it up
and down all the levels of code as an extra function parameter.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com