Re: GtkApplication and argc/arv

> There are many other reasons to not use single instance.

I agree.

d. Running on a different $DISPLAY.  Look and you'll find no end of
complaints over firefox' inability to do this sanely.

e. Running with different locale settings.  This happens for Gnumeric
when people want different decimal separator for different files.

f. Limiting what documents script see.

> If GtkApplication can not turn off single instance,
> I will not use it when I do not need single instance.

Ditto.  Or I'll create an id like gnumeric-$PID

What actual problem was solved by all this infrastructure to keep just
one instance?

Morten