bug in gtk_combo_box_text_get_active_text?

I believe there's a bug in gtk_combo_box_text_get_active_text. The
doc says, "If combo_box contains an entry, this function will
return its contents" but I find that is not so.

If it makes a difference, the case I'm looking at is one where the
combo box does not (yet) have any drop-down strings, but it does
have text in the entry: gtk_combo_box_text_get_active_text returns
NULL but if I get hold of the entry with gtk_bin_get_child and do
gtk_entry_get_text I can get the text OK.

Under the same conditions, gtk_combo_box_get_active_text works to
get the entry text in gtk2 >= 2.6.

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics