Re: Glib resource framework

* Hub Figui?re <hfiguiere teaser fr> schrieb:

> -performs some changes to ldd to support linkage relative to the
> executable. I'm sure we can work around it with a shell-script wrapper;
> wrapper that might also be needed to support other OS, but I do believe
> it would be beneficial to investigate that possibility.

ACK, that would be the quickest and easiest solution.
And I have a very strange feeling with changing ldd's lookup
semantics, beginning with serious security considerations.

But: if the application bundle should be entirely self-contained,
why using dynamic linking (of non-system-libaries) at all ?

Actually, I'm entirely not convinces of the concept of self-
contained applications at all. Sooner or later they will have to
integrate/communicate with some other application (eg. beginning
with tiny things like adding some menu entry or icon), and this
will require some top-down coordination. And that's exactly the
point where distributions come in.

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt metux de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666